Assembling a talented group of people to work together to accomplish a goal is foundational to success. You must have great people in order to win. Without great people, it is hard to generate competitive products/services or build differentiated processes and get people to follow them. People includes the leaders, managers and staff. All need to be on their game. People includes finding great people, on-boarding them successfully, and giving them a career path that keeps them engaged and motivated. People extends to fostering a healthy, well-suited culture for the business.
How would you rank each of the following statements about your organization on a scale of 0 to 10?
- We have a track record of hiring great people who stay with the company long term.
- People at all levels of the organization give extra effort because they are excited about what we are trying to accomplish.
- A healthy trust exists between the staff and the leaders/managers of the company
- Morale has grown steadily in the last 3 years.
- Taking all aspects of our company into account, staff turnover over the next 3 years should be fairly low.
- We have excellent training programs designed to keep our people growing.
- We should not have trouble finding high quality people to add to our staff as we grow.
- Our current executive team is well equipped to guide our growth over the next 3 years.