In business, winning starts with being able sell your products/services to your target client regardless of your competition. Your products/service must be well positioned to satisfy the needs of your key customers at a price point that they can justify and that allows you to make a profit. Your products need to be different in an important way to your target client. Competitive advantage comes from a uniqueness that's important to the core customers-it can come from a combination of people, products, process, and partners.
How would you rank each of the following statements about your organization on a scale of 0 to 10?
- In the last 3 years, we consistently have met or exceeded our revenue targets.
- We have one or more clear competitive advantages in our industry that has allowed us to consistently win deals with our target customers.
- Demand for our products/services in our markets is growing.
- We have performance guarantees that our competitors are unable to match.
- We do a great job of keeping pace with the changing needs of our customers and markets.